Friday, January 2, 2009

Treasured Ties


We just put my mother-in-law, Marguerite, on a plane to her home in California this evening. She has spent the past couple weeks with Steven and me here in Oregon, sharing Christmas and New Year’s. It’s been a very relaxing and enjoyable visit. We took this picture of her at a restaurant here in town, before she left. I feel honored to have known this precious lady for over 36 years! I am also in awe of the fact that in all that time, she and I have never had an argument, or even cross words. She has always been supportive of Steven and my relationship. In fact, she was the one who first suggested to Steven that he ought to marry me! :) We have shared many good times and sad times. I treasure them all, including the countless hours spent recounting God’s goodness. Count me blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment